Dolphin Training Academy: Accreditation Terms and Conditions
Dolphin Training Academy:Accreditation Terms and Conditions
1. The Company: Dolphin Computer Access Limited (Dolphin)
2. Dolphin Accredited Trainer: Refers to non Dolphin Trainers who have passed the accreditation event for a product or product group. The term extends only to the product and version upon which accreditation has been achieved.
3. Accreditation: The approval awarded by Dolphin to a Trainer who successfully passes the Accreditation Event, to recognise that the trainer meets the high standards outlined by Dolphin.
4. Accreditation Event: Refers to the training course and exam, through completion of which accreditation may be achieved.
5. Accreditation Examination: Refers to the examination which must be passed in order to achieve accreditation (usually as part of the accreditation event)
6. Delegates: Refers to those who have booked and paid for an accreditation event
7. End users: Those who receive training from Dolphin Accredited Trainers
8. Dolphin Accredited Training Material: Training material written and provided by Dolphin, which is not altered. In its unaltered form, this material also carries accreditation from the Institute of IT Training until further notice.
9. Onsite Accreditation Event: An accreditation event held at the premises of, or venue arranged by course delegates.
10. Public Accreditation Event: An accreditation event held at Dolphin provided premises
1. Full payment for an accreditation event must be received by Dolphin a minimum of ten working days prior to the commencement of the accreditation event, unless otherwise notified. Should full payment not be received ten working days prior to the commencement of the accreditation event the delegate will not be allowed to attend
2. A place on an accreditation event is only guaranteed once full payment has been received.
3. It is the responsibility of those wishing to attend a particular accreditation event to make full payment as soon as possible to guarantee a delegate place at the event. Dolphin is not responsible for contacting persons who have expressed interest in a particular accreditation event to inform of limited places.
4. Dolphin reserves the right to alter prices from those published.
5. All course fees are subject to the current rate of VAT
C. Logistics: Public Accreditation Events
1. Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of the delegate and is not included in the price of the accreditation event. Dolphin supplies information on local hotels and travel without prejudice
2. Delegates with any special dietary requirement must notify Dolphin at the time of booking.
3. Public Accreditation sessions are for a maximum of 4 delegates per class.
4. Training PCs are provided with headsets
5. Delegates are not able to use their own laptop for training purposes, unless accessibility requires otherwise.
6. Delegates may bring their own headsets.
7. Courses will start promptly at the time specified on the joining instructions. Delegates should aim to arrive onsite before this time as late arrivals may lose their entitlement to join the course
D. Logistics: Onsite Accreditation Events
1. Dolphin will provide a list of equipment that will need to be provided at the site to enable the accreditation event to be run. It is the responsibility of the delegates attending the event to ensure this equipment is available and ready to use prior to the start of the accreditation event. In the event that equipment is not ready, Dolphin will not extend the running time of the accreditation event beyond the agreed finish time. If you have any problems with software installations prior to the course, please notify Dolphin.
2. It is the responsibility of the delegates or organisers of the onsite accreditation event to ensure parking is available for the Dolphin trainer at the venue.
3. Dolphin is unable to cover the costs of lunch or refreshments for onsite training
1. Accreditation is awarded to the named delegate attending and successfully passing the accreditation event. Accreditation is not awarded to companies or organisations.
2. The term 'Dolphin Accredited Trainer' and 'Accreditation' extend to and refer only to the product(s) for which an accreditation exam has been passed.
3. The pass mark for the accreditation exam is strictly 85%
4. Delegates who fail the accreditation event will be allowed one free of charge re-sit of the accreditation examination. To assist delegates with this, additional telephone training will be made available for specific curriculum areas.
5. All re-sits must be taken within 2 weeks of the first accreditation exam, unless otherwise arranged with Dolphin.
6. Re-sits of accreditation examinations are completed remotely online and the results communicated by email.
7. During their accredited period trainers will be entitled to upgrade their accreditation to the latest product version at no charge for 12 months from the date of accreditation, through access to webinar or video tutorials, and passing an online, multiple choice accreditation upgrade exam, which carries a pass mark of 85%
8. Accredited Trainers who do not achieve 85% on an accreditation upgrade will be allowed one re-sit free of charge.
9. Accredited Trainers who do not achieve 85% on an accreditation upgrade re-sit must attend a training session with a Dolphin Trainer at a small charge in order to successfully upgrade their accreditation to the latest product version.
10. Accredited trainers who do not pass the accreditation upgrade examination will not lose their accredited trainer status, however it will not be updated to include the latest product version.
11. Expiry of accreditation will result in removal Dolphin Accredited Trainer status and de-listing from the Dolphin website
1. Accreditation and its associated benefits last for 12 months. In order to renew accreditation, accredited trainers must attend a reaccreditation event, and pass a reaccreditation exam at the next product upgrade.
2. Reaccreditation events are subject to availability and therefore it is advisable to book a reaccreditation event as far in advance as possible to avoid accreditation expiry.
3. It is the responsibility of the Dolphin Accredited Trainer to contact Dolphin to book re-accreditation to avoid expiry of accreditation.
4. The reaccreditation exam carries a pass mark of 85%
5. Delegates who fail the accreditation event will be allowed one free of charge re-sit of the re-accreditation examination.
6. All re-sits must be taken within 2 weeks of the first reaccreditation exam, unless otherwise arranged with Dolphin.
7. Re-sits of reaccreditation examinations are completed remotely online and the results communicated by email.
8. Successfully passing the reaccreditation exam will renew Dolphin Accredited Trainer status, and any associated benefits for 12 months from the date the reaccreditation exam was passed
G. The Package
1. Upon passing the accreditation event a complete electronic copy of the training manual will be issued
2. Dolphin Accredited Trainers will receive a unique personal login to the Dolphin Training Academy website for the duration of their accreditation.
3. Dolphin reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of accreditation at any time.
H. End User Training
1. All Accredited Trainers agree to represent Dolphin in a professional manner at all times
2. Dolphin reserve the right to introduce measures through which to quantify training of end users by Dolphin Accredited Trainers,
3. Dolphin Accredited Trainers should inform Dolphin immediately in writing of any complaint received in relation to training delivery.
4. Dolphin reserves the right to monitor, unannounced, any training of end users, delivered by Dolphin Accredited Trainers, or request completion of Dolphin provided evaluation forms.
5. Dolphin reserves the right to remove accreditation status if consistent unsatisfactory delegate feedback is received or there is a breach of the accreditation terms and conditions.
6. Dolphin reserves the right to request that when providing end users with Dolphin Accredited Training, Dolphin Accredited Trainers use only the Dolphin Accredited training material provided by Dolphin, to which access will be granted for the duration of accreditation.
7. Loss or removal of accredited trainer status will require destruction of any material written or provided by Dolphin.
I. Cancellation & Refunds
1. Delegates cancelling their training course 30 days prior to the commencement of the course will receive a full refund. Delegates cancelling their training course 15 to 30 days prior to the commencement of the course will receive 75% refund. Delegates cancelling their training course less than 15 days prior to the commencement of the training course are not eligible for a refund.
2. All cancellations must be received in writing/email.
3. In the event that onsite training is cancelled by the client, the client will be charged any cancellation costs incurred by Dolphin for travel or accommodation that has already been booked
4. Dolphin reserves the right to cancel any accreditation event prior to the start date in writing without prejudice.
5. All bookings, cancellations and amendments must be made via firstname.lastname@example.org
6. In the event of cancellation by Dolphin we will not be held liable for fees or penalties incurred due to changes in transportation, or other reservations made prior to the scheduled training.
7. Dolphin reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a Public Course and in these situations every effort will be made to accommodate delegates on an alternative course or refund payment in full.
1. Dolphin is pleased to support the requirements of delegates with disabilities, and all course materials are available in alternative formats; if you or your delegates require such format, please request your preferred format when booking.
1. It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, remain the sole property of Dolphin.
2. All information provided by Dolphin is given in best faith and Dolphin will not be held responsible for actions taken by the Client, any other individual or organisation as a result of the information provided during the training course.
3. All training material provided by Dolphin is copyright and intended for the access and use of accredited trainers only. It must not be reproduced or used by those without permission to do so.
4. The use of Dolphin Trainer Accreditation logos must comply with Dolphin Brand Guidelines. Full details are available at www.YourDolphin.com/brand.