Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0394
Created On: 02 Apr 2012
Last Updated on: 11 Jul 2012
Configuring Adobe Reader for use with Guide's PDF Reader
- adobe reader x
- Dolphin Guide
Getting the best out of Guide and the PDF Reader
For the PDF Reader feature to work in Guide the following programs need to be installed first on Windows:
- Adobe Reader
To install the latest version of Adobe Reader, follow these steps
- Visit the Adobe Reader website: get.adobe.com/reader
- Untick any options to download extra programs (eg: Google Toolbar)
- Click the button to 'download now'
- Depending on your browser, you will be asked if you want to 'run, save or cancel' the download, choose run to begin the download and install automatically.
- Once the download & installation have completed the install window will have a 'finish' button in the bottom right hand corner - click this.
When Adobe Reader has been installed there is another stage in order for it to work correctly with Guide:
- Launch Adobe Reader from within Windows.
- A 'Terms and Conditions' window will pop up. Click the option to 'Accept' these terms at the bottom of the window.
Once these steps have been followed Guide should be able to use the PDF Reader correctly.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0394 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2012 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.