Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0406
Created On: 11 Jul 2012
When Dolphin Guide launches, a black screen appears with no menu items as expected.
- Dolphin Guide
- Guide HandsFree
Following, a new, clean installation of Guide, the software launches, but you are presented with an empty screen containing none of the usual Guide menu options.
This can occur if Guide’s “Settings.ini” file is corrupt. To resolve this issue, rename the file named “Settings.ini” in the user’s AppData folder. . Doing this will cause Guide to create a new valid settings.ini file the next time it launches.
To do this:
NB: Ensure the option to "Show hidden files and folders" is turned on in Windows before proceeding.
- Log on to Windows under the user profile under which Guide will be used.
- Press WINDOWS KEY + R. The “Run” dialog box opens.
- Type %USERPROFILE% and press ENTER.
- Open the folder named “AppData”
- Open the folder named “Local”
- Open the folder named “Gudie”
- Locate the file called “Settings.ini” and rename this to, for example, “old_settings.ini”. If file extensions are disabled in Windows, the file may simply be called “Settings”.
- Restart Guide.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0406 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2012 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.