Dolphin provide these links for information purposes only and are not responsible for the content of external websites. Please contact Dolphin if you discover any broken links.
(Links open in this window)
Audio & Braille Libraries
- Braille Institute of America: www.brailleinstitute.org
Braille Institute is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to eliminate blindness and severe sight loss as a barrier to a fulfilling life.
- BrailleNet Association (France): www.braillenet.org
- DAISY Consortium: www.daisy.org
- Danish National Library for the Blind - DBB: www.dbb.dk
- Flemish Sound and Braille Library (VKBB, Belgium): www.vkbb.be
- Groupment des Intellectuels Aveugles ou Amblyopes (GIAA, France): www.giaa.org
Among other things, GIAA does braille printing and tape recordings for books, textbooks, magazines, papers, and other documents.
- Korea Braille Library (KBL, South Korea): www.kbll.or.kr
- National Braille Press - USA: www.nbp.org
National Braille Press is a nonprofit braille printer and publisher offering braille books, magazines, textbooks, tests, and customized embossing services.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (USA): www.loc.gov/nls
- Progebraille - Helen Keller (PHK, Belgium): www.phk.be
PHKs main activities involve producing braille, large-print, electronic and audio version of all written materials.
- Project Gutenberg: promo.net/pg
Project Gutenberg is the Internet's oldest producer of FREE electronic books (eBooks or eTexts).
- Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic (USA): www.rfbd.org
Recording for the Blind and Dyslectic - USA
- RNIB Library Services: www.rnib.org.uk/libraryservices
Professional librarians can advise you on books in alternative formats, such as braille or audio cassette.
- RNIB Talking Book Service: www.rnib.org.uk/talkingbooks
A library of professionally recorded audio books, delivered through the post to your door from the RNIB, UK.
- Soundings Audio Magazine (UK): www.soundings.org
Soundings is a free, impartial and editorially independent monthly information magazine in audio for anyone in the United Kingdom who is blind or partially sighted.
- Swedish Talking Book library: www.tpb.se
- Talking Book Library of the Austrian Blind Union (HOBS, Austria): www.oebsv.at
Initiative of blind and visually impaired people.
- Talking Tapes/Texbooks on Tape (TTTT, USA): www.talkingtapes.org
Talking Tapes is a national, not-for-profit, special education library. They provide textbooks, novels, and other materials on cassette tapes to those who have difficulty reading due to physical, cognitive, visual or learning disabilities.
- The American Printing House for the Blind (APH): www.aph.org
- TNAUK: www.tnauk.org.uk
The Talking Newspaper Association of the UK provide National and Regional Newspapers and Magazines in alternative formats for the Blind, Visually Impaired and Disabled.