Dolphin provide these links for information purposes only and are not responsible for the content of external websites. Please contact Dolphin if you discover any broken links.
(Links open in this window)
- BBC News Online: www.bbc.co.uk
Keep up to date with the news worldwide at the text only version of the BBC website.
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995 - UK Government site: www.direct.gov.uk/DisabledPeople/fs/en
Full information about the Disability Discrimination Act for all of the British Isles. It's an Official Government site.
- Disability Rights Commission (archived website): www.drc-gb.org
As of 1st October 2007 the Disability Rights Commission is now part of the Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Equality and Human Rights Commission: www.equalityhumanrights.com
Set up in October 2007, this Commission now takes on the responsibilities and powers of the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality), DRC (Disability Rights Commission) and the EOC (Equal Opportunities Commission).
- Microsoft: www.microsoft.com
- Microsoft's Accessibility Home Page.: www.microsoft.com/enable
- The National Agency for Special Needs Education and Schools (formerly SIT, Sweden): www.spsm.se
SPSM offer support to school managements in matters relating to special needs education, promote access to teaching materials, run special needs schools and allocate government funding to pupils with disabilities in education and to education providers.
- Transport Direct (UK): www.transportdirect.info
UK Rail & Bus timetables online. Amazingly it can generate detailed text directions from one place to another anywhere in the country.