What's New in this version of SuperNova Reader Magnifier?
New in version 14.02 (released: 17/07/2014)
This update is free for all existing SuperNova 14 customers and includes fixes to bookshelf, touch magnification, stability and performance.
- Bookshelf tweaks for smoother playback.
- Windows 8.1 performance. SuperNova is more efficient on Microsoft's latest operating system, freeing up resources for your other applications.
- Magnification stability improvements so you can work for longer.
- Magnification Smoothly enlarges text and images in more areas.
- Speech and Braille reading improved in: Internet Explorer 11 and Office 2013. SuperNova better recognises spaces between words on web pages and automatically switches on the Dolphin Cursor to read protected documents with ease.
- FIX: Adjustments to improve synchronisation between visual highlighting and mp3 playback so your reading position is shown more accurately onscreen.
- NEW: Reader setting "Simplified document view". If enabled, all CSS styling in the document is removed before displaying on screen solving a lot of rendering and positioning issues.
- NEW: NFB Newsline browse by State.
- FIX: NLB Sweden now available again. Due to changes with the provider's service, it is necessary to update to SuperNova 14.02 in order to continue using this library.
- FIX: Supernova now keeps quiet when the focus is in the Bookshelf window and mp3 or DAISY books are playing.
- FIX: Stability - prevent hang if you closed Bookshelf whilst Read from Here was in progress.
- FIX: Books downloaded from CNIB, Nota and NLB are no longer returned unexpectedly when logging in again.
- FIX: OCR from scanner option now unavailable if no scanner connected.
- FIX: If you used Bookshelf reader to open a PDF, it was always being converted to .html rather than the selected output format.
- FIX: 'Continue Reading' Bookshelf menu item should now always appear.
Windows 8.1 Performance
- FIX: Screen rotation on logon desktop now supported.
- FIX: Process optimisations freeing system resources for your other applications.
- FIX: Prevent loss of magnification / black screen on start-up. Magnification should start much more reliably.
- FIX: Prevent crash after screen mode change. SuperNova will keep magnifying when display settings change.
- FIX: Truefonts. Colour mouse pointers now drawn as expected on Windows 7 even if TrueFonts are switched off and the pointer contains inverted pixels.
- FIX: Truefonts. Mixed symbols and text appear clearly when under mouse pointer.
- FIX: Truefonts. Special symbols now drawn in the correct colour.
Speech and Braille Reliability
- FIX: Internet Explorer 11 - solved a problem where some spaces could be lost and words could become concatenated.
- FIX: Internet Explorer 11 - Multi-line text areas now speak and Braille as expected.
- FIX: Internet Explorer - Onclick announcements suppressed for clickable objects, such as link, button, checkbox, etc. so you are only told once that you can click on controls.
- FIX: Internet Explorer - Now reads content of <ADDRESS> tags as expected.
- FIX: Internet Explorer - Outlook web app edit areas work as expected.
- FIX: Internet Explorer - prevent confusing control characters appearing unexpectedly in Braille.
- FIX: Internet Explorer - prevent Page info from being re-announced when hitting some with 'onclick' objects.
- FIX: Word - Cut and paste announcements speak reliably.
- NEW: Word - Automatically enables Dolphin Cursor to read protected documents.
- FIX: Excel - 'space deleted' now announced in edit areas as expected.
- FIX: Exiting Dolphin Cursor F3 find now speaks / Brailles the focus automatically to remind you about your place.
- FIX: Spinnable list controls announce the values once as expected.
- FIX: Mouse wheel scrolling the document updates the cursor location when the cursor is on screen.
- FIX: Speech at logon - Reinstated the Orpheus 2 language list for Windows XP.
- FIX: Solved a problem to prevent some applications from crashing when closing SuperNova.
- SuperNova 14.x is made for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Windows XP support is available in SuperNova 13.x. We recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or 8.1 to use SuperNova 14. Find out more about life after XP on the Dolphin website
- Multiple monitors can be used in Windows 8 with a dual head video card. Configurations with monitors on multiple video cards are only supported by SuperNova in Windows 7.
- Line view is only supported on Windows 7.
- To announce combo box items in Internet Explorer 11, first expand the list with ALT+DOWN ARROW.
Click on the links below to read about changes in previous versions of SuperNova Reader Magnifier: