What's New in this version of SuperNova Screen Reader?
New in version 14.03 (released: 08/09/2014)
This free update for all existing SuperNova 14 customers includes:
- Improve productivity in Microsoft Office with extended speech and Braille support for comments and revisions in Word.
- Read more with new libraries added to SuperNova's Bookshelf.
- Additional fixes for: web forms, Arabic language support and Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 7.
- NEW: Comments and Revisions announced automatically while reading through documents. Toggle from Speech > Text Style Announcements and Braille > Characters > Options.
- NEW: Comments and Revisions at the cursor are announced in full by pressing the Additional Focus Information key (SHIFT + NUMPAD 0 on desktops).
- Note, Move the cursor to the next comment or revision with CAPS + C or CAPS + R. List all comments and revisions in the document with CAPS TAB.
- FIX: Reading HTML email with the Dolphin Cursor has been rewritten to be more reliable.
- FIX: Shorter Braille graphic labels to make more efficient use of valuable space on the Braille display. Including "has attachment" is "att" and "forwarded" is "fw".
- NEW: libraries of accessible curriculum materials read instantly with magnification speech and Braille. SuperNova can now access: Load2Learn in the UK, CNIB in Canada, Aangepast Lezen in the Netherlands, Anderslezen in Belgium and Inläsningstjänst AB in Sweden.
- Added Favourites and Browse by State for NFB-Newsline in the US.
- FIX: Reliably open books downloaded from Project Gutenberg.
- FIX: Reliably scrolls books in the reader window.
- FIX: Selected List box items announced reliably to help with form-filling on the web.
- FIX: Flash Control for BBC iPlayer.
Arabic Language Support
- FIX: Outlook email message reading accuracy improved.
- FIX: fonts at the command prompt are redrawn correctly.
- FIX: Help button graphics in the SuperNova control panel displayed correctly.
Windows Live Mail 2012
- FIX: Application dialogs accurately read with speech and Braille.
- FIX: BACKSPACE while writing email speaks deleted characters to help with editing email.
- FIX: Tabbing between "to" and "cc" the message header labels are announced.
- Note, a known issue with unreliable Word Echo exists when running Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8.
- NEW: SuperNova retries automatically to detect USB Braille displays giving you more time to plug-in your device.
- FIX: Skype About box including version number spoken and Brailled.
- SuperNova 14 is made for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Windows XP support is available in SuperNova 13. Find out more about life after XP.
- Multiple monitors can be used in Windows 8.1 with a dual head video card. Configurations with monitors on multiple video cards are only supported by SuperNova in Windows 7.
- Line view is available on Windows 7 only.
Click on the links below to read about changes in previous versions of SuperNova Screen Reader: