What's New in this version of SuperNova Screen Reader?
New in version 13.53 (released: 02/12/2013)
SuperNova version 13.53 is a free update available for existing customers of SuperNova v13, and includes:
- Screen reader fixes for Windows 8.1, Office 2013 and Adobe Reader 11 to deliver more accurate speech and Braille access to the latest applications.
- Braille display connectivity is now more reliable when plugging in Humanware Brailliant BI and equivalent devices.
FIX: Windows 8.1 Start Screen, prevented App tiles from being announced twice.
FIX: Windows 8.1 settings, prevent incidental text being reread when selecting an item in a list box.
FIX: AdobeReader, speech and Braille reading order more accurate when navigating with the Dolphin Cursor.
FIX: AdobeReader, solved a situation in some PDFs where the Dolphin Cursor could not reach the bottom of the document.
FIX: Adobe Reader, reads secure PDFs when Supernova is started after the document has been opened.
FIX: Adobe Reader, find with Dolphin Cursor F3, now searches for text as expected and announces "not found" when appropriate.
FIX: AdobeReader 11, runs on Windows 8 without reporting an error when started.
FIX: Adobe Reader, SuperNova prompts when PDF does not contain text.
FIX: Windows 8.1 File Explorer status bar. Press NUMPAD2 with desktop keyboard layout (CAPS+PAGEDOWN on laptops).
FIX: Windows 8.1 Mail, press ENTER to open messages and ESCAPE to return to list of messages. Speaks button status when working with mail attachments.
FIX: Outlook 2013 and 2010, reads html email with Dolphin Cursor: move right and left by character more reliable within table cells, no longer repeats lines. Fixed action of pressing CONTROL+HOME and CONTROL+END to move to the top and bottom of messages.
FIX: Outlook 2013 backstage view opened with ALT+F, all items now announced.
FIX: RegEdit, tree view items announced when clipped on screen, and continue to track the focus when using Windows 7 Classic theme.
FIX: Internet Explorer 11 Metro edition on Windows 8.1, the "Pin to Start Menu" window now spoken and Brailled .
FIX: Windows 8.1 Calendar, edit areas in the "new appointment" window announced.
FIX: iTunes 11, reads genre and artist lists.
NEW: Humanware Brailliant BI driver now automatically finds the virtual COM port improving automatic detection when these Braille displays are plugged in.
FIX: Hims Braille Sense driver updated to increase the reliability of automatic detection when plugged in.
CHANGE: Dolphin Launch Pad, removed Yahoo US local search as service no longer available from Yahoo API.
- Edit boxes, pull-down lists and dynamic content not spoken and Brailled by screen reader in Internet Explorer 11. A free SuperNova update will tackle these issues. In the meantime screen reader customers advised to continue using Internet Explorer 10 where possible.
- Microsoft Word keys such as CONTROL+B to apply bold do not announce as expected.
- Multiple documents opened in Microsoft Word can result in the wrong document being spoken and Brailled. Issue planned to be tackled by next free SuperNova update.
- Signing in to some Scandinavian banks relying on Java not supported. Issue is being investigated.
Click on the links below to read about changes in previous versions of SuperNova Screen Reader: