Vacancy: Web Developer
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries.
We are on the hunt for a capable web developer to join our established development team to develop, improve and maintain our customer facing website, various web based applications and internal web based tools.
2 years’ experience in a web development role preferred.
We are keen to see a portfolio of work.
Essential. A good understanding of:
- Apache on Linux
Desirable. We would also be interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- Accessibility – W3C-WCAG
- Internet Security and data integrity techniques
- PHP Bootstrap framework
- LIBSASS framework
- Search Engine Optimization
- GIT source control
- Unit testing
- User experience design and usability testing
- Computer hardware and computer maintenance
2.1/1st Class Degree level in Website Development and Design, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- You should be customer focused and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
- 23 days of annual leave every year in addition to being closed over the Christmas period
- Flexible working policy
- 2 weeks fully paid sick leave, and 2 weeks at 50% pay in a year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity pay
- Sponsorship to take part in fitness events