Vacancy: Lead Test Analyst
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. We are on the hunt for an experienced software tester to develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software issues.
- Devise and implement test strategy, estimates, and test plans
- Run manual and automated technical tests
- Track and document all testing defects
- Provide accurate and timely test status reports to internal and external stakeholders, from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Help maintain a full suite of testing hardware
- Help develop best practice and introduce new tools/techniques to improve test coverage, reduce testing time and improve defect identification
- Mentor test apprentices
- Participate in the design and development of test automation
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a full-time testing role, ideally in a software environment
- Strong testing experience
- Understanding of the full Software Development and Testing Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, operating systems and server environments
- Knowledge of Android and iOS platforms
- Familiar with any scripting languages
- Knowledge of test automation development
- Knowledge of web development
- Experience of Agile and traditional software development project methodologies.
- Experience of accessibility testing
- Experience of usability testing
- 2.1/1st Class Degree in IT discipline
- ISEB / ISTQB software testing certification is desirable
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- You should be customer focused and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
- 23 days of annual leave every year in addition to being closed over the Christmas period
- Flexible working policy
- 2 weeks fully paid sick leave, and 2 weeks at 50% pay in a year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity pay
- Sponsorship to take part in fitness events