Vacancy: Software Tester and IT Technician Apprentice
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive software for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. Dolphin software makes a real difference to our customers, helping individuals get online and connect with family and friends, helping students to fully engage and succeed in education and helping employees to excel in a variety of work environments. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual looking for a career in IT. Reporting to the Development Director and IT Manager, you will:
- Test Dolphin software products and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Help prepare and maintain test plans
- Report test coverage and provide feedback to developers and project teams
- Install and configure Windows operating systems, associated hardware and applications
- Provide on-site IT support for staff, ensuring priority requests are resolved quickly
5 GCSEs (Grades A-C inclunding ICT, English & Mathematics)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Good troubleshooting knowledge of hardware and software issues
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP Networks
We would also be interested to know about your experience and knowledge of any of the following:
- Knowledge of Citrix Software (XenDesktop and XenApp
- Knowledge of Virtual environments (VMWare vSphere and Vcenter)
- Experience of Windows Server environments (Windows Server 2003 and 2008)
- Experience with iOS/Android platforms
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
Training to be provided
Digital Industries Advanced Apprenticeship – Infrastructure Technician
There is the opportunity to progress within the business on a higher level apprenticeship.