Vacancy: Graduate Software Developer
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is seeking enthusiastic, talented graduates, with the drive to work in software development to join our Worcester-based Development team.
A role with Dolphin offers you the opportunity to develop your programming and testing knowledge and skills, earn a competitive graduate salary and grow to take on a widening variety of responsibilities as you progress.
What sort of work might you be doing?
Your role will be varied right from the start, growing in responsibility as you progress. Types of responsibilities you might be tasked with include:
- Software configuration
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Software development on a variety of platforms
- User experience design (UXD) (including interface design, Usability design Usability testing)
- Systems analysis and design
- Resolving hardware/software faults
- Monitoring and maintenance computer systems and networks
- Work within virtual environments
- Troubleshooting systems and diagnosing network problems
- Software testing
- Test automation
- Fault finding within software applications
- Bug fixing of existing products
What experience do you need?
- 2.1/1st Class Degree level in an Engineering or Science subject (Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar preferred) is essential
- Experience with a programming language - e.g. C/ C++/ Java is essential
We won't expect you to know everything, but we'll be particularly interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- Microsoft Windows/Android
- Algorithms and data structures.
- Multi-threading concurrency.
- Microsoft Windows Native API (WIN32).
- Unit testing
- Usability testing
- Networks and virtual environments.
- Computer Hardware and computer maintenance
- Agile and lean methods for development, testing and managing projects
- User experience design and usability testing
What sort of people are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are self motivated, enthusiastic, and driven to achieve to the best of their ability. You should be driven by responsibility and comfortable working both under your own initiative and under direct guidance. You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control. Communication and team working skills are essential as you will need to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with people inside and outside of the department. You should also cope well with pressure, and have excellent problem solving skills to be able to meet targets and deadlines.
Open for applications now!
Think you've got what it takes? We're taking applications now, through to 28/02/2016. Don't wait - apply now!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us.