This event has past! Check out our other events.
GuideConnect Specialist (Remote training - choose your date) - 18th March 2019
Starts: Monday 18 March 2019 at 09:00
Ends: Sunday 24 March 2019 at 17:00
Find out all you need to know to start using GuideConnect simple, talking technology to its fullest potential – and to train others to do the same.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals from charities supporting visually impaired people
- Volunteers from sight loss societies
- 2 x 3-hour sessions, online via Zoom video conferencing
- Delivered on a mutually-agreed date
- A short multi-choice exam
- Set up GuideConnect to meet your clients' sight requirements and preferences
- Discover the various options for navigation and control
- Become proficient in using GuideConnect for email, document writing and mail reading
- Explore all the features in depth and with expert guidance
- Feel confident you can train others to do the same
- Install and set-up GuideConnect
- Using speech
- Using magnification
- Getting started
- Using email, writing letters and documents
- Using radio stations, audio books and newspapers
- Browsing the internet
- Trouble shooting
James Goldsworthy is an enablement coach specialising in: sight loss, assistive technology training, coaching for living with sight loss, back to work skills and confidence building.
- GuideConnect installed on a desktop, laptop or Windows tablet (a 30-day trial or evaluation licence)
- A broadband connection
- An additional laptop, tablet or smart phonewith the Zoom app installed on it
£250 +VAT (FREE to Charities, ECLOs and Sight Loss Societies)
To book your place, please email email@example.com or call Sarah Wheatley on 01905 754577 ext 255.