GuideConnect Certified Specialist Course
Find out all you need to know to start using GuideConnect simple, talking technology to its fullest potential – and to train others to do the same.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals from charities supporting visually impaired people
- Volunteers from sight loss societies
- 2 x 3-hour sessions, online via Zoom video conferencing
- Delivered on a mutually-agreed date
- A short multi-choice exam
- Set up GuideConnect to meet your clients' sight requirements and preferences
- Discover the various options for navigation and control
- Become proficient in using GuideConnect for email, document writing and mail reading
- Explore all the features in depth and with expert guidance
- Feel confident you can train others to do the same
- Install and set-up GuideConnect
- Using speech
- Using magnification
- Getting started
- Using email, writing letters and documents
- Using radio stations, audio books and newspapers
- Browsing the internet
- Trouble shooting
James Goldsworthy is an enablement coach specialising in: sight loss, assistive technology training, coaching for living with sight loss, back to work skills and confidence building.
- GuideConnect installed on a desktop, laptop or Windows tablet (a 30-day trial or evaluation licence)
- A broadband connection
- An additional laptop, tablet or smartphone with the Zoom app installed on it
£250 +VAT (FREE to Charities, ECLOs and Sight Loss Societies)
Important Cancellation Policy
Whilst we understand that you may need to cancel, we are unfortunately unable to absorb the costs of cancellation. If you cancel your training session within 5 days of the agreed date or simply do not turn up, you will incur a cancellation fee of £150. Cancellations made more than 5 days before the agreed date will not incur a charge.
When you confirm a time and date for your training session, you agree to these terms.