Not loving Windows 10?
30 day rollback option starts from day of installation
It's almost a month since Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 and we at Dolphin thinks it's a great release - bringing together the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
But, if you're not convinced, you can revert to your previous edition of Windows quickly and easily. You have 30 days from the date of installation to complete the process.
Here's our step by step guide on how to do it.
- Remember to have all your important data backed up, in case anything goes wrong. You could do this via an external hard drive, USB memory device or a cloud storage service such as one drive, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Open the Windows 10 start menu by pressing the windows key on your keyboard or clicking on the icon in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- Using the down arrow key, scroll through the menu until you get to settings and press enter.
- Once in settings, navigate to the update and security option and select it.
- From the next list of options which appear, select recovery.
- Then go to the "go back to Windows" button and select it. After this select "Get Started"
- On the screen that follows, Microsoft will ask you why you are downgrading. Complete this field and select next.
- A number of screens follow, all of which require a positive response. Please read the content on each of the screens carefully before confirming.
- Windows will then tell you that the process has begun. At this point there is nothing else you need to do apart from wait, depending on the amount of data you have on your computer the process could take between 10 minutes and an hour.
Once the downgrade has been completed, your computer will restart and will have returned to the state it was in before you upgraded to Windows 10.
Note: during this process, your assistive technology may not be able to interact with all the Windows and you may be required to use Microsoft's built in accessibility features such as narrator or magnifier. Alternatively you may be required to seek some sighted assistance.
Dolphin Technical Support is unable to assist with any upgrades/downgrades to/from Windows 10 and customers who experience any difficulty with this process should contact the Microsoft Accessibility team on 0800 026 0584