RNIB Bookshare is a UK based education collection which opens up the world of reading for print-disabled learners including those with dyslexia or who are blind or partially sighted.
Through RNIB Bookshare, low vision students are able to to read the same books, at the same time as their peers, giving them the same educational opportunities and access to the full curriculum.
Finding books is easy:
- Search for a specific book - use the ISBN, title, author, publisher or synopsis. If the book isn't available, the team will do their best to source an electronic file from another source.
- Use advanced search by choosing words, names or phrases in particular fields such as title or synopsis, and limit by language or source.
- Browse the full catalogue using the option at the top of any page - search by author, subject category and education level.
RNIB Bookshare UK education collection membership is for educators supporting learners with print-disabilities and is provided FREE to organisations in the UK. There is small annual membership fee for non-UK organisations
Available in: UK
Exclusive for EasyReader users accessing RNIB Bookshare - download and read PDF titles
EasyReader now offers reading support for PDF titles downloaded exclusively from RNIB Bookshare. EasyReader helps learners to avoid struggling with print books and inaccessible apps. The ability to read RNIB Bookshare PDFs further empowers students to independently read and learn.
Reading PDFs has never been so simple:
- Teachers assign PDF textbooks from the RNIB UK education collection, to the reading lists of print-disabled learners.
- Children and students can then use EasyReader to download and read these titles in the ways that most suit their requirements.
- Depending on their sight and preferences, learners can choose the PDF view or switch to the simpler text-only view (with or without VoiceOver).
- PDFs can be read with high contrast colours and natural sounding voices.
- Readers can enlarge the text of RNIB Bookshare PDFs, change colours or voice speed, or jump straight to the right page and explore at their convenience.
In addition, reading position is now stored to the EasyReader Dolphin Account, so the learner is always in control. If a student has the same title on 2 or 3 devices and switches between them, EasyReader starts reading the book exactly where they left off.