Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Greek (English), Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Turkish, Welsh
Dolphin ScreenReader 20.03 includes the following fixes and improvements.
- FIX: Braille. The driver used in ScreenReader to connect to a Brailliant Braille display has been renamed ‘Humanware Braille Displays’. This driver can also be used to connect to other Humanware displays, including the Mantis Q40.
- FIX: Dolphin Cursor. Fix for using the Dolphin Cursor to read text in Windows dialog boxes a character at a time. The Dolphin Cursor no longer returns to the start of the line when the final character is reached.
- FIX: Google Chrome. The quick navigation key ‘E’ can now be used to move the focus to ‘spinnable’ edit areas (e.g. edit areas which can either be typed into or adjusted using a button).
- FIX: Google Chrome. The speech now correctly announces when the value in a ‘spinnable’ edit area is changed.
- FIX: Google Chrome. Fix for using the gmail.com website in Google Chrome. Emails in the inbox are now detected and announced by the speech when ScreenReader is in live mode. The speech also now announces all the available information about each item in the inbox, including the sender, subject line, date sent and more.
- FIX: Google Chrome. When using the gmail.com website in Google Chrome, the speech no longer announces tables which are not visible when composing an email.
- FIX: Google Chrome. Fix for using the Gmail web app in Google Chrome. After selecting the ‘Compose’ button, the focus now correctly switches to the email editor.
- FIX: Google Chrome and Firefox. A fix has been applied for reading tables on web pages. Table cells which begin with a symbol (e.g. €, £, $) are now announced as expected.
- FIX: Firefox. When writing a new email on the gmail.com website in Firefox, the speech no longer announces ‘blank line’ each time a character is typed.
- FIX: Firefox. Fix to ensure all of the options in the ‘Bookmarks Library’ dialog in Firefox are announced by the speech.
- FIX: Firefox. The options in the ‘Customise Toolbar’ dialog in Firefox are now correctly announced by the speech.
- FIX: Firefox. Fix to ensure that the ‘History’ list in Firefox continues to be announced by the speech after the list is scrolled.
- FIX: Microsoft Edge. Items in the ‘Favourites’ list in Microsoft Edge are no longer announced multiple times.
- FIX: Microsoft Edge. The ‘More options’ button in the Microsoft Edge Favourites is now announced by the speech as expected.
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook 365. The options in the ‘Search’ dialog in Microsoft Outlook are now announced as expected.
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook 365. The speech no longer announces all of the text in the ‘Advanced Search’ edit area in Outlook 365 each time a character is typed.
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook 365. Fix to ensure the list of emails in the inbox is announced as expected on all computers. This issue only affected a small number of users.
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook 365. When ScreenReader’s ‘Custom Application Action 1’ hotkey is pressed on a received email in Microsoft Outlook, the speech now announces the ‘To’ and ‘Cc’ fields as well as the ‘From’ and ‘Subject’ fields.
- FIX: Microsoft Teams. Chat messages in Microsoft Teams are now announced as expected. This issue only affected users who had applied the ‘Magnifier and speech with keyboard’ profile.
- FIX: Read From Here. The speech no longer pauses if users navigate to the first or last line in a document or web page whilst ‘Read From Here’ is speaking.
- NEW: Scan and Read. The default location for scanned text to be saved to has been changed to “My Documents\ScreenReader\Scan and Read”. Please note - the output folder for scanned text is configurable from the Scan and Read settings dialog.
- FIX: Scan and Read. If changes are made to the Scan and Read settings before any document has been scanned, the changes are now saved as expected.
- FIX: SuperNova Settings. Capital letters are now announced correctly when the synthesiser pitch is set to maximum and the ‘Increase pitch for spelt capitals’ setting is enabled.
- FIX: SuperNova Updater. Fix for an intermittent issue where the ‘Check for Updates’ option in the Help menu was not functioning correctly for a small number of users.
- FIX: Windows 10 Control Panel. The ‘Add Voice’ pop-up list in the Windows 10 Control Panel is now detected and announced by the speech as expected.
- FIX: Windows 10 Explorer. Fix to ensure the speech announces files and folders in Windows Explorer when other Microsoft applications are also running.
- FIX: Windows 10 Explorer. The ‘Find’ feature of the Dolphin Cursor (accessed by pressing F3) now works correctly in the ‘Properties’ dialog in Windows Explorer.
- FIX: Windows 10 Explorer. When typing text into the Windows Explorer search box, the speech no longer repeats the object type each time a character is typed.
- FIX: Windows 10 Explorer. Files and folders in Hebrew are now announced as expected in Windows Explorer.
- FIX: Windows 10 Start menu. When typing text into the Start Menu’s search bar, the speech now announces the top search result as the user is typing.
- FIX: Windows 10 System Tray. The speech now correctly announces the keyboard language in the system tray.