windows 10

Discuss Dolphin's accessible reading apps for Windows, iOS and Android
zhjp

windows 10

Post by zhjp » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:39 pm

i install dolphin easy reader i click on the icon the program runs up so nothing happens to have any land in this
is running windows 10 pro 64.

Jake.Rossiter-Dolphin

Re: windows 10

Post by Jake.Rossiter-Dolphin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks for the post,

I have spoken to the EasyREeader team and they need a couple more details surrounding this issue, they are:

• EasyReader version & build
• Windows operating system BUILD number (e.g. 1803)
• If they open Task Manager, does the application appear then disappear?

Thanks,
Jake Rossiter (Technical Support)

MartinH

Post by MartinH » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm not the "thread starter" but I have the same issue: the program starts and then immediately terminates the application.

##EasyReader version & build
- EasyReader version: 7.0.6
- EasyReader build: 244 (?)

##Windows operating system BUILD number (e.g. 1803)

##If they open Task Manager, does the application appear then disappear?
Yes, that's exactly what happens. However: sometimes the application lingers in the task manager after I've tried to open the program.

I also got something called "Dolphin Component" in the Task Manager with a sub-program called "Dolphin CBar Service 2" that keeps running in the background.

**This problem started for me when I upgraded to the latest Windows version (1904).**

##Additional information:
It seems that the EasyReader doesn't even launch fully since the content located in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\dolphin\Dolphin EasyReader" doesn't get repopulated after I've removed all old files from that directory and then try to launch the app (the only folder that gets recreated is an empty "Thumbnails"-folder).

---

Hope this helps with tracking down the issue. It's quite important to me that the program is able to run properly since I'm heavily dependent on it for my university studies!

Gareth.Collins-Dolphin

Post by Gareth.Collins-Dolphin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am

The recent Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) broke EasyReader.

To resolve your issue you will need to upgrade to EasyReader version 8. You can download EasyReader version 8 from here:
https://yourdolphin.com/en-gb/products/education/easyreader-for-windows#try-it

Please contact your local Dolphin reseller, or your regional Dolphin office, for further information on the upgrade.

(Of course the other option is to roll-back the WIndows update).

MartinH

Post by MartinH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Thank you Gareth for getting back to me on such short notice. Since I've obtained my license through my university and the fact that they only provide version 7.0.6 at the moment, I'll just revert to an older Windows version for now. Hopefully my University will update their software versions in due time.

Gareth.Collins-Dolphin

Post by Gareth.Collins-Dolphin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Since you appear to be located in Sweden, have your University contact our office in Falköping about upgrading their EasyReader software.

Tel: +46 (0) 515 82175
Email: infose@yourdolphin.com

MartinH

Post by MartinH » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Apparently my license covers both version 7 and 8 so I didn't have to revert to an older version of Windows 10 after all! Everything is working great since I updated EasyReader to version 8 :D