Locking the screen when listening to an audiobook

Discuss Dolphin's accessible reading apps for Windows, iOS and Android
UkuleleLady

Locking the screen when listening to an audiobook

Post by UkuleleLady » Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello all. I’m new to the easy reader app for iOS, but so far, I’m loving it, especially given that I don’t have to tangle with RNIB’s overdrive app which is, at best, clumsy.

I do have a quick question though, and I’m a little surprised this hasn’t come up before now, or perhaps I have just missed it. It would seem that when I listen to an audiobook, my screen must stay unlocked for the book to play. If I lock the screen, move away from the book reader to go back to the home screen or do anything, the audio stops and the only way I can get it to start again is if I go back to the screen where the book was playing. This seems to me a poor design as this will waste my battery considerably. I am using an iPhone 8 running iOS 12.2. I have also asked other people using the app, and it would seem that the problem is Particular to me alone. Someone using an iPhone 8 Plus doesn’t have this problem. I have looked all through my settings, and just can’t seem to find what the problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks

karolina.lu-dolphin

Re: Locking the screen when listening to an audiobook

Post by karolina.lu-dolphin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Good day,

I have been investigating this issue using an iPhone 6 Plus iOS v12.3.1 and iPad iOS v12.2, but to no avail.

Are you still having this issue and if so, what version & build of EasyReader are you using?

Thanks,
Karolina

EasyReader Software Tester