Guide 8: Great on the Web for People with Sight Loss
People with limited eyesight needing simple talking computing now can increase confidence on the web with the launch of Dolphin Guide 8.
Sharing stories on Facebook, bagging bargains in the January sales or planning your 2014 summer holiday are all made easy with Guide 8's completely revamped web support built for people with sight loss.
"I no longer have to rely on my sighted husband to read and write email, print letters and scan my post." Explains Zena who lost her sight overnight 6 years ago. Hear from people whose lives have been transformed by Dolphin Guide.
Guide 8 now makes surfing the Web easy:
Dolphin has been grateful to work with the accessibility experts at Blind Veterans UK and RNIB members and accessibility staff for input to the design of Guide 8's web browser. Guide 8 now empowers people with sight loss to get more from the web, with:
- Completely re-written web support, making the web more reliable and stable than ever.
- Simple voice announcements, reading out each webpage as you go
- A new welcome web page with a few browsing tips, along with links to popular news, shopping and social networking sites to get you started.
- A new switch to view mobile websites, which tend to be less cluttered and easier to get around.
- Web pages are easier to read with options to display only the text and hide all images.
- Simple keys to jump straight to the next text box, heading, link or paragraph of text to make it easier to move around the webpage.
- To find out more, watch the Guide 8 video, or read a complete list of What's New in Guide 8 on the Dolphin website.
New to the web? Guide 8 can help
If you're new to the web, and worried there may be a lot to learn, then Guide can help. A new series of podcasts talking you through how to use the web are now available in Guide. Voiced by Dolphin's Training Manager Maggie McCarthy, the podcasts simply explain how to open and close the web, how to read web pages, how to search the web and much more. To listen to the podcasts, press 9, 9, 1 and then 4 from Guide's Main Menu to reach Guide's example podcast list. Then use arrow keys to choose the "Beginners Guides to Guide" channel.
Find out more
Learn more about Guide 8 by calling 01905 754577 and ask about: