Can your low vision students do this with their AT?
Teacher hands out a print article in class. It’s been a bit last minute, so there’s no large print version for the low vision student. Not ideal, but no problem – the young learner has SuperNova 18 on their laptop. The low vision student:
1. Plugs in their portable camera and places the article under the camera
2. Clicks the SuperNova ‘Connect & View’ button
3. The article appears on screen and she adjusts the zoom and colours to comfortably view the text and diagrams
4. It would be better to hear the text, so the student clicks the scan button
5. Doc Reader opens and the student can see and listen to the original document alongside the perfectly reflowed text – the highlights follows on both views as it reads aloud
6. She saves the scanned text to Word ready for tonight’s homework
Empower your visually impaired students to be self-sufficient and independent learners.
Download a free 30 day trial today and receive free support for the duration!