Knowledge Base Article - Q101
Topic: A Supernova component is not installed correctly. Error dolvideo 0. Press Enter to correct the problem and reboot, or press cancel or escape to continue working
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
When launching Supernova on a Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 workstation, where Supernova is installed locally to that machine, the above error message is displayed. Pressing ENTER to reboot does not correct the problem.
Please note: This article relates to installing Supernova onto a single PC workstation. If you are attempting to launch Supernova through a remote desktop session, this error may also occur. In this case please contact Dolphin Product Support for a solution.
If you receive the above error message some manual installation steps may need to be performed.
To do this:
1. Navigate to the Supernova installation folder. By default this will be:
2. Copy the file named "dolvideo.dll" to the clipboard.
3. Paste this file into the following location:
4. Reboot the machine and try and launch Supernova again.
If the error still appears following a reboot, take the following steps:
1. Open the Start menu and choose All Programs > Accessories >
2. RIGHT CLICK on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator"
3. In the command prompt window, navigate to the Supernova installation folder, by default this is:
4. Run the file named "dolcompinst.exe" with a /force switch command:
5. Reboot the computer when prompted.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q101.
Did you find this article useful?