Knowledge Base Article - Q117
Topic: Error: Unable to Start, the off screen model is unable to initialize. Please consult the manual for more information
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
The above error message appears when you launch Supernova
There are a number of reasons why an offscreen model error might occur.
- Make sure you have restarted the computer after installing Supernova.
- Make sure the computer's video card drivers are installed.
- Ensure you are running Supernova directly on a workstation and not through a remote session. If you need to run Supernova through a remote session such as Microsoft Remote Desktop, please email Dolphin Product Support for additional information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If the above is true, please send a specific registry key from the computer Supernova is installed on to Dolphin Product Support. To do this:
1. Press WINDOWS KEY + R. The "Run" dialog box opens.
2. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and press ENTER. The "Registry Editor" dialog box opens.
3. Navigate to the following key:
4. With the "Video" key selected, press LEFT SHIFT + F10. A context menu opens.
5. DOWN ARROW to "Export" and press ENTER. The "Export as..." dialog box opens.
6. Save the file to any known location (for example the Desktop) then email the resulting file to email@example.com
If you are not familiar with using the Registry Editor, do not attempt the above. Please contact Dolphin Product Support at your earliest convenience on 01905 754765.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q117.
Did you find this article useful?