Knowledge Base Article - Q21
Topic: Unexpected behaviour when pressing buttons on a Dolphin Keyboard
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
When you press buttons on a Dolphin keyboard, they do not perform the expected action, for example pressing the Dolphin button results in the Windows Calculator opening
To resolve this issue, please ensure your SuperNova hotkeys are set to "Desktop". To do this:
1. Press LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR. The SuperNova Control Panel opens.
2. Press ALT + G. The "General" menu opens.
3. ARROW DOWN to "Keyboard and Hotkeys" and press ENTER. A submenu opens.
4. ARROW DOWN to "Keyboard" and press ENTER. The "Keyboard" dialog box opens.
5. From the "Keyboard" drop down list, choose "Desktop (101) or more keys) then choose OK. The Dolphin Keyboard should now work as expected.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q21.
Did you find this article useful?