Knowledge Base Article - Q22
Topic: You receive an error message 'Magnification Error Code 7' and SuperNova fails to magnify the screen on a Windows 8 PC.
Last updated on:
Applies to: SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
Supernova starts with an error informing you that the Magnification Engine Failed to Start and quotes Error 7
To resolve this issue take the following steps:
1. Press WINDOWS KEY+E to open windows explorer
2. From the list of available drives, navigate into OS C:
3. ARROW DOWN to "Program Files (x86)" and press ENTER.
4. ARROW DOWN to "Dolphin and press ENTER.
5. ARROW DOWN to the folder relating to your supernova installation, for example "SnovaSuite1354" and press ENTER
6. ARROW DOWN to the file called "dolcompinst.exe" and press ENTER
7. After a few moments, restart the PC and the issue should now be resolved.
A reinstall of the software should also resolve this issue.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q22.
Did you find this article useful?