Knowledge Base Article - Q3
Topic: Help to support friends, family and customers to use Dolphin Guide with Teamviewer remote support.
Last updated on:
Applies to: SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
This article describes how you can support people you know who use Dolphin Guide, from the comfort of your own home using the free edition of Teamviewer remote support software.
Dolphin Guide includes a feature which allows anyone with a PC and Internet connection to remotely access it, to help diagnose problems and offer help and support. To do this:
1. Open your web browser and visit www.teamviewer.com
2. Click the button which says "Download Free for Private Use"
3. Your web browser will prompt you to run or save the file "Teamviewer_Setup_en.exe". Choose to run the file.
4. After a short time the installation program will start. Select "Basic installation" under the question "How do you want to proceed" and "Personal / non-commercial use" under the question "How do you want to use Teamviewer"
5. Press the "Accept - install" button to begin the installation.
6. Once the installation has completed, Teamviewer will start automatically and you will be prompted to enter your partner's ID. To obtain this, ask the Guide user whom you are supporting to (from the Guide Main Menu) press 9 for "More Menu Options", then 9 again for "Guide Extras", then 9 once more for "Remote Support"
7. At this point the Guide user will need to use the UP ARROW key to review the ID. They can also use the LEFT and RIGHT ARROW keys to review each individual digit of the ID.
8. Type the ID number as provided by the Guide user into Teamviewer's "Partner ID" box then press ENTER.
At this point Teamviewer should display a "Password" box. If this doesn't happen and you are told Teamviewer has been unable to connect, confirm the ID of your partner again to ensure it has been entered correctly.
9. Once you have entered the password, you should now have control of the guide user's computer and you are free to support them. To disconnect from their PC at any time, simply close down Teamviewer.
Note: If you connect to the same Guide PC in the future, the Teamviewer ID will be the same, however a new password will have been generated for security purposes.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q3.
Did you find this article useful?