Knowledge Base Article - Q41
Topic: Outlook 2010: SuperNova version 13.0 fails to show the attachments list
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
SuperNova version 13.0 includes a feature that lists attachments within HTML and Plain Text emails in Outlook 2010. However, pressing CAPS LOCK + A to show the list of attachments may fail under certain Outlook 2010 configuration settings.
By default, Outlook 2010 uses a feature that allows you to preview attachments and documents. SuperNova uses this feature to create an attachments list. If this feature is turned off in Outlook then the list cannot be created.
To enable Attachment Preview:
- Open Outlook.
- Press ALT + F to open the BackStage View.
- DOWN ARROW to "Options" and press ENTER. The "Options" dialog box opens.
- DOWN ARROW or press END to move the focus to the "Trust Center" item.
- TAB to the Trust Center Settings button and press ENTER. A new dialog box opens.
- Use the Arrow Keys or press the letter A to select the "Attachment Handling item.
- TAB to the Turn off Attachment Preview check box and press SPACEBAR to uncheck this item.
- TAB to the "OK" button and close all open dialogs.
SuperNova should now successfully show the list of attachments in an HTML or Plain Text email.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q41.
Did you find this article useful?