Knowledge Base Article - Q5
Topic: Some text on web pages is not smooth and may appear jagged, pixelated or broken up.
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
Certain fonts are not smooth when magnified on specific websites in Internet Explorer.
This can occur if the website uses "embedded" fonts. This issue can be overcome by disabling the use of embedded fonts within Internet Explorer's security settings.
To do this:
1. Open Internet Explorer's "Tools" menu with ALT + T
2. ARROW DOWN to "Internet Options" and press ENTER. The "Internet Options" dialog box opens.
3. CONTROL + TAB to the "Security" page.
4. Select the "Custom Levels" button.
5. From the list of available options, ARROW DOWN to "Font Download", and select the corresponding radio button "Disable" to prevent these fonts from being downloaded.
6. TAB to OK and press ENTER. Your changes will be saved.
7. Restart Internet Explorer.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q5.
Did you find this article useful?