Knowledge Base Article - Q62
Topic: Following the installation of a Guide update on a Windows 7 PC, some or all voices are missing
Last updated on:
Applies to: Guide
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
After installing an update to Guide, you find that some or all voices are missing and unavailable to select in Guide.
This issue, although fairly rare, can be easily remedied by repairing the installed voices. Please note that these steps must be carried out without Guide running, so some sighted assistance may be required.
To do this:
- Insert your Guide installation CD-ROM. If the Guide installation programs loads up, simply close this.
- Open the "Start" menu and choose "Computer"
- Locate the CD or DVD drive containing the Guide installation CD, and RIGHT CLICK on this and choose "Open".
- Browse the files on the CD, and locate the folder called "Voices" and open this.
- Locate the folder that corresponds to the voice you are missing, for example "British English Jane" and open this.
- RIGHT CLICK on the file contained within this folder, called, for example, "Dolphin Guide Voice - British English Jane.msi" and choose "Repair".
- After a minute or so, load Guide once more and check to see if the voice has returned. If it has not, repeat step 6 and choose "Install" instead of "Repair".
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q62.
Did you find this article useful?