Knowledge Base Article - Q79
Topic: A double mouse pointer effect occurs on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
When using Supernova on either a Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, there appear to be two mouse pointers on the screen (often one displaying a circle alongside it), when there should only be one.
This may occur if "Pointer Trails" are turned on in Windows.
These will need to be turned off to prevent this effect from occurring.
To do this:
1. Press the WINDOWS KEY. The "Start" menu opens.
2. Press TAB. The focus moves to the right hand side of the Start menu.
3. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Control Panel".
4. Press ENTER. The "Control Panel" window opens.
5. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Mouse".
6. Press ENTER. The "Mouse Properties" dialog box opens.
7. Press CONTROL + TAB to move to the "Pointer Options" page.
8. Press TAB to move to the "Display Pointer Trails" checkbox.
9. Press SPACEBAR. This unselects the checkbox and turns off the pointer trails.
10. TAB to "OK" button and press ENTER. This confirms your changes and closes the dialog box.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q79.
Did you find this article useful?