Knowledge Base Article - Q87
Topic: A Supernova component is not installed correctly. Error Dolboot 0
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
When starting Supernova 12, the above error message is displayed
Ensure that the Dolboot service is running.
To do this:
- Open the Windows Device Manager.
- From the 'View' menu select 'Show hidden devices'.
- Expand 'Non-Plug and Play Drivers'.
- Open the 'Dolboot' properties.
- Select the 'Driver' tab sheet.
- If the current status of the service is 'stopped' then click the 'Start' button.
- If the service starts without error then restart the machine before testing.
- If the service fails to start you will need to ensure that the path to the Dolboot.sys is correct for the service
To do this:
- Open the Registry editor.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DolBoot
- Check and if required correct the path for the 'ImagePath' string, this should be as follows (replace the drive letter where needed):
4. Once corrected repeat the steps above to start the service.
Finally restart the PC and test the Dolphin Software.
If problems persist please contact Dolphin Product Support.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q87.
Did you find this article useful?