Knowledge Base Article - Q90
Topic: A Supernova component is not installed correctly. Error c bar 134, 138
Last updated on:
Applies to: ScreenReader, SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
The above error message may be displayed after performing an update of Supernova 12.0x on a Windows 7 64-bit edition computer. The number shown in the error may differ.
This may occur if some Supernova files have not been updated correctly. You can manually copy these files into the correct location on the computer.
To do this:
1. Navigate to the Supernova 12.03 installation directory. By default this is one of:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolphin\Snovasuite1203
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolphin\SnovaMag1203
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolphin\SnovaRead1203
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolphin\SnovaReadMag1203
2. Copy the following files to the Windows clipboard:
3. Navigate to the following directory on the same computer:
4. Paste the two files copied to the clipboard in step2 into the above location. Replace any existing files of the same name.
Note: You may need to stop the Dolphin Cbar2 Service from running in order to perform the above steps.
To do this:
1. Press WINDOWS KEY + R. The "Run" dialog box opens.
2. Type the following then press ENTER:
3. The "Services" dialog box opens. Locate the item named "Dolphin CBar Service 2" and open this.
4. Press the "Stop" button to stop the service from running.
5. After perfuming the previous steps to copy the files into the SYSWOW64 directory, press the "Start" button top start the service again.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q90.
Did you find this article useful?