Knowledge Base Article - Q97
Topic: Text in search results and other lists in Spotify is very difficult to read with True Fonts turned on
Last updated on:
Applies to: SuperNova Magnifier, SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader, SuperNova Magnifier & Speech
NB: Please note that product names in this article may have changed since the time of writing.
When you view search results and other lists in Spotify, there appears to be some corruption in the text and it is very difficult to read. This happens with magnification turned on and True Fonts enabled.
The effect may look like the following screen capture:
To work around this issue, turn on Standard text smoothing for Spottily. To do this:
If you only want standard font smoothing to be turned on in Spotify, and have True Fonts turned on in all other applications, create an Application Settings file for Spotify before carrying out the following steps. For information on creating Application specific settings, refer to the sections on Application Settings in your Supernova documentation
Using a hot key
- Press LEFT CONTROL + NUMPAD 8.
This will cycle between no text smoothing, Standard text smoothing and True Fonts.
Using the Control Panel
1. Press ALT + V. The "Visual" menu opens.
2. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Advanced Options" and press ENTER. The "Advanced Options" dialog box opens.
3. Press LEFT CONTROL + TAB to move to the "Magnifier" property sheet.
4. TAB to the "Font Smoothing" group.
5. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Standard".
6. TAB to the "OK" button and press ENTER. This will confirm your changes and close the dialog box.
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in Touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send us a message quoting the article reference number: Q97.
Did you find this article useful?