Chapter 3: Creating Situation Settings
16. Application Settings And Situation Settings
A Situation Setting is a subset of an Application Settings file. The Situation Setting is saved as part of the Application Settings file.
Situation Settings let you create and automatically apply a set of SuperNova settings to dialog boxes and windows that appear inside an application.
To create a Situation Setting:
- Run the application and get into the situation you want to create a Situation Setting for.
- Press LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR. This will open the SuperNova control panel.
- Press ALT + F. This will open the "File" menu with "New" selected.
- RIGHT ARROW into the "New" sub-menu.
- Select "Situation settings" and press ENTER. This will open the "New Situation Settings" dialog box.
- Select "Create new Situation".
- TAB to the "OK" button and press SPACEBAR. This will open the "Enter a name for the new Situation" dialog box.
- Give the new Situation Setting a name and then TAB to the "OK" button and press SPACEBAR. This will open the "Windows Name" dialog box.
- If required, adjust the Window Name and then TAB to the "OK" button and press SPACEBAR. This will close the dialog box and return you to the SuperNova control panel.
The Situation Setting will now be in use. You can check the Situation Setting currently in use by reading the Status Bar in the SuperNova control panel.
Trainer Tip: SuperNova includes a Read Status Speak Key. By default, the hot key is NUMPAD 2.