Vacancy: Technical Support Advisor
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. We are looking for a Technical Support Advisor to join the Customer Support team. You will need to provide technical support and first-rate customer service to end users and resellers in the UK. Salary is negotiable - based on experience.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, duties include:
- Resolving and logging customer support incidents via phone, email and chat application.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Prioritise and manage several open incidents at one time
- Diagnose hardware and software faults
- Contribute to creation of support and training resources
- Ensuring customer feedback is escalated to relevant teams and departments
- Software testing
What experience do you need?
- Good understanding of computer systems and hands-on experience with Windows environment and Office applications.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Experience in a similar role and able to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- An IT qualification is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of assistive technology would be a distinct advantage.
What sort of people are we looking for?
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us.