SuperNova Magnifier & Speech 13.53
SuperNova version 13.53 is a free update available for existing customers of SuperNova v13, and includes:
- Magnification fixes make text even clearer for people with low vision reading with True Fonts in Windows 7. Plus initial True Font support is now available in Windows 8.1.
- Screen reader fixes for Windows 8.1, Office 2013 and Adobe Reader 11 to deliver more accurate speech and Braille access to the latest applications.
FIX: Windows 7, improvements to True Fonts system to address reports of incorrect text colour and hollow / ghosted text being displayed in some circumstances. Cycle between True Font and Classic Font Smoothing with LEFT CONTROL+NUMPAD8.
NEW: Windows 8.1. Initial True Font support making magnified text perfectly smooth at: Desktop, Taskbar, Control Panel, notepad and non-Direct 2D apps.
FIX: Windows 8 Secure desktop screens, text no longer corrupt when magnified with True Fonts.
FIX: Magnifier stays in the same place and does not jump back to the last keyboard focus if you move the mouse pointer then immediately press a supernova hotkey.
FIX: Windows 8 Notepad, Font dialog magnifies normally without causing an error.
FIX: True Fonts. Changes for Windows 8 no longer break text rendering in Windows 7.
FIX: Windows 8, Screen Capture action now supported in SuperNova editions that include magnification. Assign a hotkey of your choice from the Action group found in: SuperNova Control Panel/General menu/Keyboard and Hotkeys submenu/Hotkeys dialog. Note screen capture action not available in SuperNova Screen Reader.
FIX: Windows 8.1 Start Screen, prevented App tiles from being announced twice.
FIX: Windows 8.1 settings, prevent incidental text being reread when selecting an item in a list box.
FIX: AdobeReader, speech and Braille reading order more accurate when navigating with the Dolphin Cursor.
FIX: AdobeReader, solved a situation in some PDFs where the Dolphin Cursor could not reach the bottom of the document.
FIX: Adobe Reader, reads secure PDFs when SuperNova is started after the document has been opened.
FIX: Adobe Reader, find with Dolphin Cursor F3, now searches for text as expected and announces "not found" when appropriate.
FIX: AdobeReader 11, runs on Windows 8 without reporting an error when started.
FIX: Adobe Reader, SuperNova prompts when PDF does not contain text.
FIX: Windows 8.1 File Explorer status bar. Press NUMPAD2 with desktop keyboard layout (CAPS+PAGEDOWN on laptops).
FIX: Windows 8.1 Mail, press ENTER to open messages and ESCAPE to return to list of messages. Speaks button status when working with mail attachments.
FIX: Outlook 2013 and 2010, reads html email with Dolphin Cursor: move right and left by character more reliable within table cells, no longer repeats lines. Fixed action of pressing CONTROL+HOME and CONTROL+END to move to the top and bottom of messages.
FIX: Outlook 2013 backstage view opened with ALT+F, all items now announced.
FIX: RegEdit, tree view items announced when clipped on screen, and continue to track the focus when using Windows 7 Classic theme.
FIX: Internet Explorer 11 Metro edition on Windows 8.1, the "Pin to Start Menu" window now spoken and Brailled .
FIX: Windows 8.1 Calendar, edit areas in the "new appointment" window announced.
FIX: iTunes 11, reads genre and artist lists.
CHANGE: Dolphin Launch Pad, removed Yahoo US local search as service no longer available from Yahoo API.
- Line View and Multiple Video Cards only supported by Supernova in Windows 7. Note, multiple monitor support can be achieved on Windows 8 with dual header video cards.
- True Fonts coming soon in Windows 8 Metro apps and non-Direct 2D applications that include Internet Explorer 11 and Office 2013.
- Edit boxes, pull-down lists and dynamic content not spoken and Brailled by screen reader in Internet Explorer 11. A free SuperNova update will tackle these issues. In the meantime screen reader customers advised to continue using Internet Explorer 10 where possible.
- Microsoft Word keys such as CONTROL+B to apply bold do not announce as expected.
- Internet Explorer 9. Single characters in the middle of lines incorrectly displayed. To fix this install Windows update: KB2670838.
- Multiple documents opened in Microsoft Word can result in the wrong document being spoken and Brailled. Issue planned to be tackled by next free SuperNova update.
- Signing in to some Scandinavian banks relying on Java not supported. Issue is being investigated.