SuperNova Magnifier & Speech 19.03
Improvements to Zoom and Microsoft Teams:
Whether you’ve been looking to connect with friends or work from home productively during the pandemic, the use of video calling services have become more important than ever. SuperNova 19.03 now offers a much improved experience for using SuperNova’s speech and magnification with Microsoft Teams and Zoom. These changes include:
- Magnification improvements to track new messages in the chat field
- Improvements to SuperNova’s speech announcements during a call (such as when you mute the microphone and turning the camera on)
- Magnification and speech improvements to track and announce pop-up messages
Improvements for Chrome, Firefox and Edge
19.03 offers further enhancements for reading web pages in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. This includes:
• FIX: Reported hang on YouTube.com is now resolved
• FIX: Improvements for focus tracking on list boxes
• FIX: Intermittent issue where Read From Here was not working is now resolved
• FIX: Quick Navigation key D now moves to the next element which is different to the current element on the web page as expected
• Script updates in Microsoft Edge to correctly announce when a download has started and when the user has switched to a different tab
Improvements in Microsoft Office
19.03 offers further improvements for using SuperNova with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. This includes:
- Microsoft Word: the Styles pane is announced by SuperNova as expected
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Image alt tags and notes for presentation slides are now announced correctly
- Microsoft Excel: The focus is now tracked correctly when renaming a sheet
Other fixes and improvements:
- NEW: Devices - Updated HumanWare driver to include support for Chameleon and Mantis Braille displays.
- NEW: Devices - Added driver for the Nattiq Note Braille display.
- NEW: Devices - Added initial support for sheet feeding scanners (e.g. HP Deskjet 3750).
- NEW: Connect & View - Left Shift + Numpad 8 now toggles mouse tracking ON and OFF when connected to a whiteboard.
- NEW: Settings - You can now toggle Read Text Under Mouse setting ON and OFF using the shortcut Dolphin Key + M.
- FIX: Scan and Read - SuperNova now provides the option of exporting to .docx format if you don't have Microsoft Word installed.
- FIX: Scan and read - the file being scanned no longer remains locked if an error is encountered during the scanning process
- FIX: Adobe Reader - Fixed a reported crash when loading a PDF into Adobe Reader DC
- FIX: Bookshelf - fix to prevent a connection error when trying to open ‘Online Books’ for the first time
- FIX: Multiple monitors - Cloned monitor now magnifies correctly if Windows 10 colour filters are turned on.
- FIX: Doc Reader - Updated handling of right-to-left text to improve experience with Hebrew text
- FIX: Mouse pointer – SuperNova’s mouse pointer is now able to access the whole screen on the secure desktop in Windows. The ‘Secure Desktop’ is used when Windows has an important message to display. For example, when installing a program, the Secure Desktop takes over the screen and asks “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”.
- FIX: Thunderbird - Speech and tracking is now working as expected when editing a message
- FIX: Thunderbird – When adding a new contact, the screen is no longer re-announced when cursoring through an edit field
- FIX: Enterprise remote desktop – fix applied to prevent SuperNova’s magnification and visual effects being applied twice inside a remote desktop or RDP / ICA client window.