SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader 17.03
Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Greek (English), Indian, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Turkish, Welsh
NEW: Support for Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
SuperNova 17 now supports both the Quantum and ESR editions of Mozilla Firefox (release 52 or greater). Existing SuperNova customers can make the switch to Firefox, hassle free; SuperNova 17.03 features an identical web browsing experience for magnification, speech and braille users.
Also new and fixed for web users:
- NEW: Web page settings for all SuperNova supported browsers, including Chrome and Firefox.
- FIX: Numerous bug fixes and usability improvements for Google Chrome browser support
NEW: Magnification on Video Walls and Multiple Monitor Setups using Multiple Graphics Cards
Perfect for techies and geeks running Windows 10 who need maximum screen real estate, but also need SuperNova’s magnification features.
NEW: Magnification on Multiple Monitors Setups using USB ‘DisplayLink’ video docks and adapters
NEW: SuperNova’s magnification now supports laptops with two graphics cards
These users may have previously seen an error code 7.
Also of interest to multiple monitor users:
- FIX: SuperNova’s Multiple monitor support now consistently supports monitors running at different resolutions.
- FIX: SuperNova no longer crashes when you plug in a projector.
NEW: Support for the Reaper Digital Audio Workstation app
Long term friend of Dolphin, Lars Sonnebo has created Script files for the powerful digital audio workstation application Reaper. With his kind permission, these scripts are included in 17.03 update for the benefit of all SuperNova users that are also audio producers.
NEW: Compatibility with the Mercury Tablet from Pamtrad & MaxiAids
Users of the Mercury tablet that includes its own touchscreen magnification and text-to-speech can now seamlessly switch to SuperNova’s magnification and back again, without conflict.
Also new, fixed and updated:
- FIX: Numerous fixes and improvements for Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and People Apps.
- NEW: An additional hotkey is now available to increase and decrease magnification using the Mouse Wheel. Users can either:
- LEFT CONTROL + MOUSE WHEEL
- RIGHT CONTROL + MOUSE WHEEL
- CAPS LOCK + MOUSE WHEEL
- FIX: TrueFonts now works in Office 365 subscription running on Windows 7.
- FIX: For organisations running SuperNova Enterprise, users may have been experiencing problems where their Braille routing presses weren’t working over a Citrix session. This problem is now resolved.
- FIX: Excel users can now select a SuperNova setting to hear if the colour of a cell changes. Previously this setting only announced every cells’ colour.
- FIX: The Skype for Business conversation window now speaks as expected.
- FIX: The Adobe Reader DC ‘Save As’ dialogue now speaks as expected.
- UPDATED: SuperNova now supports the newest ALVA Bluetooth Connect software.
- UPDATED: SuperNova now comes with new mouse pointer and focus highlight defaults:
- Red box highlight
- Large white mouse pointer with custom mouse pointer size 3