- FIX: A series of fixes have been included for users running 64-bit Remote Desktop in a Terminal Server environment.
- FIX: For users working with the Windows 7 public beta, version 11.04 includes a fix for some Windows 7 freezing issues.
- FIX: Some additional locking code has been include in version 11.04 to help prevent Blue Screen crashes or hangs.
Tip: In the unlikely event that your Dolphin product encounters an error, you can help improve your Dolphin software by providing any information as to what you were doing at the time. To opt-in to the Product Improvement Program, when your Dolphin access software is running, open the Control Panel with CONTROL + SPACE. Open the "Help" menu with ALT + H and choose "Customer Feedback..." and follow the prompts.
- FIX: For magnification users, the bitmap handle translation is now more reliable, preventing some intermittent magnification freezes.
- Improvement: A new way for turning off ClearType has been included for Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bit.
Tip: In most cases Dolphin's recommended Windows settings should remain unchanged. If you need to change Clear type or or other Recommended settings this can be achieved in the access product Control Panel in General
- Improvement: A Dots Per Inch (DPI) Aware flag has now been included. For users running at greater than 125dpi, this should ensure their software's magnification coordinate system works correctly.
- Change: Version 11.04 now shows the Dolphin software build number in the release build of all 30-day demo versions.
- FIX: A bug has been fixed in the memory manager.
Dolphin Scripting engine
- Dolphin access software includes a powerful scripting API based on the established open source Lua scripting language.
- Fix: Version 11.04 fixes the possible situation where calling a Dialog. function with the incorrect parameters could stop subsequent dialogs from appearing.
- Fix: The GetAreaState now only adds slider/range/position states for areas that have these details.
- Fix: Scripting: A fix has been implemented for the reported crash when calling GetAreaProperties.
- Fix: A problem had been reported that when performing a "find previous", followed by a subsequent "find next" operation, this would fail. This problem has now been resolved with a version 11.04 fix.
- Fix: The text size limit has been removed on the debug output window.
- Fix: Improved support for the handling and saving of "read only" files.
- SAM is Dolphin's Braille and Synthesizer Access Manager. If you wish to add a new refreshable Braille Display or Speech Synthesizer to your system for use with Dolphin Access software pressing the "Detect All Devices" button from within the SAM dialog will install support for most devices.
- Due to the improvements in the Dolphin patching systems, it is now possible to share SAM improvements via downloadable patches and the Dolphin internet updater.
- NEW: A new Seika Braille display driver (188.8.131.52) has now been added.
- FIX: A change in behaviour has been included so that a driver is detected when turned on with the checkbox in the SAM Control Panel. Previously, ticking the check box of a driver did not detect it and a "detect all" was required.
- Fix: A series of fixes have been include to address the issue where SAM takes a long time to shut down.
- Fix: SAM has been updated to handle non-null terminated description strings. This fix will be of interest to users working with some Papenmeier Braille displays.
- NEW: SAM version 2.53 includes added support for the Closetime setting in .sdi file.
- NEW: A new SAM control API command to allow clients to set/clear hwnd for messages from SAM has been included.