In addition to dozens of stability and performance improvements, this free update for all existing SuperNova 14 customers includes the following changes:
- New My Newspapers menu item. Subscribe to newspapers from participating libraries such as: Bookshare®, NFB-NEWSLINE®, Anderslezen and MTM Taltidningar.
- New accessible libraries SBS and Vision Australia.
Windows Live Mail
- Spell checker window now speaks “not in dictionary” as expected.
- Automatically speaks invalid email address notifications.
- Physical Braille lines no longer split unexpectedly.
- Speed improvements when composing email.
Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Improved accuracy when reading complex HTML email with the Dolphin Cursor.
- No longer announces “message” before every item in the inbox.
- Spoken text is highlighted again by SuperNova during Read From Here. To start reading with SuperNova editions including speech press NUMPAD PLUS on desktops or CAPS+DOWN ARROW on laptops. Highlight colours and shapes can be changed from the Visual menu in the SuperNova Control Panel.
- Focus highlighting now updates correctly when using the mouse wheel to scroll in notepad.
- Speech and Braille - Solved a problem where lines could be skipped when navigating up in Internet Explorer.
- Braille - Support 8 dot braille input from the Hims Braille Edge and Hims Braille Sense. Braille available in SuperNova Access Suite and Screen Reader only.
- Internet Explorer 9 no longer crashes when navigating to a previous page with ALT+LEFT arrow.
- SuperNova 14 is made for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Windows XP support is available in SuperNova 13.
- Multiple monitors can be used on Windows 8.1 with a dual head video card. Multiple video cards are supported by SuperNova on Windows 7 only.
- Line view is available on Windows 7 only.