Languages supported: English (United Kingdom)
This latest update to Dolphin Publisher includes a host of new features and improvements. These help users meet accessibility guidelines and simplify the production of audio books. Dolphin Publisher is now easier to install and training manuals are available to guide users through.
New: EPUB3 export improvements
- Publisher 4.01 is now EPUB 3.2 compliant
- Publisher now automatically adds accessibility meta data according to EPUB Accessibility 1.0
- EPUB 3 files now include page number
NEW: Changes to build process
- Publisher 4 now performs validation, clean-up and build export in one complete build process. Instead of running these independently in the Build process, it is now simplified, and you can now run the validation and clean-up from within the menus before doing a build
- A checkbox for opening the output folder after a completed build is include
- Dolphin Publisher 4.01 includes a modern installer. The installer now also includes the latest version of EasyReader for Windows and TTS voices from Nuance
NEW: Training manual
- V4 now includes a training manual that guides professionals through many of the features inside Dolphin Publisher
NEW: Performance improvements
- Large HD drives: Publisher 4.01 now runs on devices with large TB drives (previous versions had a limitation of 2GB hard drives).
- NCC Export: When exporting chapters and re-opening a 'sub-project', Publisher no longer goes through the upgrade process for unknown projects.
- Launch EasyReader: An adjustment has been made so a draft publication can be sent to EasyReader for review.
- Audio file import: Users are able to import a larger number of audio files at once using the File Open dialog.
- Import WAV: The original file name is now used as the heading name when audio files are imported into a project.
Features removed from Publisher 4.01
Certain legacy features which were available in previous versions are no longer in use. These have been removed in the latest version of Dolphin Publisher. Many of these were dependent on features inside Internet Explorer, which Microsoft no longer supports.
Please note that Internet Explorer is still used by Dolphin Publisher to render HTML pages.
The features removed from Publisher 4.01 are:
- HTML Editor: This feature was heavily dependent on Internet Explorer and caused a majority of the Dolphin Publisher support incidents. HTML documents now need to be prepared in advance or editing must be done outside Dolphin Publisher.
- External HTML Editor: This feature was heavily dependent on Internet Explorer and caused a majority of the Dolphin Publisher support incidents.
HTML documents now need to be prepared in advance or editing must be done outside Dolphin Publisher.
- Support for Digital Input / Output devices: This feature was a unique customisation for a specific customer and has now been removed.
- Remote Control RE-11: This device is connected to the computer via a COM port, which no longer exists on modern devices.
- Multi-Volume Support: This feature was used for CD distribution only and has been removed.
- PDTB v2: The support for encrypting the content into PDTB v2 has been removed as it is no longer used.
- EasyReader Express: This has been removed as it was a feature used for CD distribution only.
- Build to other character encoding: This feature existed because some old DAISY hardware players were not compatible with UTF-8.
This is not an issue with today’s devices.