SuperNova Magnifier & Speech 22.02
Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Greek (English), Hebrew, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Turkish, Welsh
The update to SuperNova 22.02 includes a range of fixes and improvements. This includes:
- FIX: Click and Read From Here. The speech no longer repeats the first part of a paragraph when using Click and Read From Here in Chrome.
- FIX: Click and Read From Here. Fix to ensure the speech reads text from the application currently in focus when using click and read from here (and not from an application in the background).
- FIX: Dolphin cursor. After using the middle mouse button to route the Dolphin cursor to the mouse, the focus will now move to the beginning of the word that is clicked on (and not the beginning of the line).
- FIX: Microsoft Office. Stability improvements have been made to ensure Office 365 applications open as expected when SuperNova is running.
- NEW: Microsoft Outlook 365. The additional focus information key (LEFT SHIFT + NUMPAD 0) can now be used to announce whether contacts in the To, Cc and BCc fields in an Outlook message are signed in to Microsoft Teams.
- FIX: Microsoft Outlook 365. Fix to prevent SuperNova from closing unexpectedly after opening certain emails from Microsoft Outlook 365.
- FIX: Microsoft Teams. The system tray item for Microsoft Teams is now detected by SuperNova as expected.
- FIX: Microsoft Teams. If a SuperNova dialog box is open with Microsoft Teams in the background, the speech now announces the dialog box as expected (and does not announce items from Microsoft Teams).
- FIX: Microsoft Word. Fix to prevent SuperNova from closing unexpectedly when scrolling the mouse wheel in a document in Word 2013.
- FIX: Open with SuperNova. The option to open a PDF with SuperNova is now removed from the Windows context menu when SuperNova is uninstalled.
- FIX: Read From Here. The text highlighting is now working correctly when using the Read From Here feature in WordPad.
- FIX: Read text under mouse. The read text under mouse feature now reads text under the mouse in Google Chrome more reliably and with greater accuracy.
- FIX: Read text under mouse. Improvements have been made to ensure that the read text under mouse and Click and Read From Here features announce text from the correct position on web pages.
- FIX: Sound Splitting. If sound splitting is enabled when speech is turned OFF, the speech is now sent to both channels until the speech is turned ON again.
- FIX: SuperNova Profiles. Fix to prevent SuperNova from temporarily freezing after changing between profiles.
- FIX: True Fonts. Fix to ensure True Fonts text smoothing is applied correctly for all zoom levels within a Microsoft Word document.
- FIX: Windows 10 Command prompt. SuperNova now correctly detects the command prompt window when the new Windows 11 command prompt is being used on a Windows 10 device.
- FIX: Windows Logon. Fix to ensure that areas non-password areas of the Windows login screen in Windows 10 and 11 are announced through speech and Braille.
- FIX: Wordpad. Buttons and controls in the Wordpad ribbon are now announced correctly by the speech.