EasyReader for Windows 5.10
Support for unprotected EPUB books
EasyReader v5.10 offers support unprotected EPUB books (.epub). Unprotected EPUB books are widely available from online ebook providers (including Google books, Project Gutenberg and many more). EasyReader v5.10’s support for unprotected EPUB content goes a long way to ensuring that the growing availability of ebooks in the increasingly popular EPUB format are accessible to all readers.
* Please note: EasyReader v5.10 does not support EPUB content that has been protected by Digital Rights Management tools.
Advanced Highlight scroll options
EasyReader v5.10 enables readers to control where the highlighted text appears in the reading window. Options include:
- Fix the highlight position to the top of the reading window
- Fix the highlight position to near the top of the reading window
- Fix the highlight position to the centre of the reading window
- Scroll when the highlight position reaches near the bottom of the reading window
- Scroll when the highlight position reaches the bottom of the reading window
Options to read or skip “Skippable” items
Using EasyReader v5.10, readers can select which “skippable” items they would like EasyReader to read and which they would like EasyReader to skip. Skippable items include:
- Page number
- Producer note
- Line number
Advanced Level Navigation hotkeys
Are you used to using hotkeys to navigate around talking books with hardware talking book readers? With EasyReader v5.10 there's be no need to learn a new set of hotkeys to navigate through talking books thanks to the addition of advanced level navigation hotkeys.
Using the advanced level navigation hotkeys is easy. First enable the Num Lock function on your keyboard.
Next, you can select your “Navigation Level.” Options include to navigate by sentence, by page, by headings labeled as level 1 only, heading levels 2 and up only, heading levels 3 and up only, heading levels 4 and up only, heading levels 5 and up only, or heading levels 6 and up. You will be able to select your navigation level using the following hotkeys:
- Numpad 2: Cycle to Previous Navigation level
- Numpad 8: Cycle to Next Navigation level
Once you have set your navigation level you can start to navigate through your talking book using the following hotkeys:
- Numpad 4: Previous navigation instance
- Numpad 6: Next navigation instance
Other handy hotkeys to use include:
- Numpad 5: Open “Where am I?” dialog
- Numpad 0: Open “Book Information” dialog
Download Sample talking book content from the EasyReader 5.10 welcome screen
To help get you started with EasyReader and discover the full benefits of accessing books in a combination of highlighted text and audio, Dolphin has provided a small selection of classic books in DAISY, HTML, EPUB and plain text formats for readers to download from the Dolphin website. Readers will be able to find these books by selecting the “Sample Books” link on the EasyReader v5.10 Welcome Screen.