Dolphin Friends United States Terms and Conditions
Dolphin Friends US is free to join and is exclusive to charities and sight loss organizations in the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Dolphin Friends United States
To join Dolphin Friends, your organization must:
- Be a government/state entity or registered non-profit, located in the US.
- Support people with sight loss in the United States.
- Advise, work with or support people with visual impairments, specifically people who are losing their sight, are blind or are partially sighted.
- Have a computer resource room or assistive technology suite.
- Demonstrate accessible technology and assistive technology to clients.
Eligible organizations receive:
- A donation will be made twice a year to your organization or organization of your choice (if you cannot accept donations), equal to the value of 10% of Dolphin software referrals or sales made where the service user has quoted your unique Dolphin Friends Code.
- Free Dolphin software licenses worth up to $2500 for your premises
- A resource pack, which includes digital product brochures and Dolphin computer accessories
- Staff training on Dolphin software, to help you teach clients and service users
Those eligible for Dolphin Friends should:
- Complete and submit the Dolphin Friends Application Form
- Or, contact the US Dolphin Friends Account Manager at 609-490-6282
Eligible organizations receive:
Upon successful application and completion of the training course by one or more of your staff, your society or charity will be issued with:
- A unique Dolphin Friends Code.
- A Dolphin Friends Resource Pack.
The Dolphin Friends Resource Pack contains:
- 1 SuperNova license
- 1 GuideConnect license
- 1 EasyConverter Express license
- 1 Dolphin Remote Control
- 1 Dolphin Keyboard
- Digital Brochures and Quick Resource Guides
Your Dolphin Friends Code
As a Dolphin Friend, you can share your Dolphin Friends Code with your clients to use when they purchase Dolphin software through their Approved Dolphin Distributor of Choice.
You may also place orders on behalf of your clients or purchase additional licenses for your organization premises using your unique code.
For each purchase of Dolphin Software made, we will donate 10% of the software sales value to your charity when:
- A sale is processed on the telephone with your Dolphin distributor or dealer, and your unique Dolphin Friends Code is quoted at the point of sale, or
- On the Dolphin distributor web site when your unique Dolphin Friends Code is entered into the coupon field of their online store
Dolphin Friends Donations
To receive Dolphin Friends donations:
- You must be a sight loss organization or registered non-profit based in the United States
- You must be registered as a Dolphin Friend and have been allocated your Dolphin Friends Code.
- Your Dolphin Friends Code must be quoted at the point of sale for the donation to apply.
- We cannot apply the donation or code retrospectively
- The donation only applies to new software sales of Dolphin
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Magnifier and Speech
- SuperNova Magnifier and Screen Reader
- Dolphin ScreenReader
Donation Calculations and limitations:
- Donation amounts are calculated as 10% of the value of Dolphin software licenses only
- Donation amounts do not apply to hardware, accessories or any other part of the purchase that is not a software license.
- The donation is calculated for new software license purchases only and does not apply to upgrades to existing software licenses.
- The donation amount does not include tax
- The donation amount does not include any shipping or handling fees
- The donation amount includes Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), SuperNova Upgrade Program (SUP) or GuideConnect Premium Plan (PP) as these are included in the sale price of new software licenses.
- The donation amount does not include any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), SuperNova Upgrade Program (SUP), or Premium Plan when these are renewed or purchased independently.
- If a software order is cancelled within 30 days of purchase, you will not receive the donation amount.
- Please note, the donation amount is calculated on sales of Dolphin Software only. If you purchase a package that includes software, we will apply the donation amount to the software part of that package only.
- Can be used in conjunction with other offers, but the donation value will correspond to the amount paid, not the quoted RRP. See donation values for further information.
Donations are not applied to:
- Purchases made without quoting the Dolphin Friends Code
- Computer hardware such as laptops, PCs or tablets
- Accessories such as the Dolphin keyboard or remote control
- Computer packages such as SuperNova Connect & Learn
- Shipping and handling costs
- A Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), SuperNova Upgrade Program (SUP), or Premium Plan if renewed or purchased independently.
- Purchases made outside of the US, or for customers outside the US
- Charities or organizations based outside the US
- Retrospective use of a Dolphin Friends Code
- Donations will be calculated as 10% of monthly software sales associated with the charity/society’s Dolphin Friends Code.
- Donations will be processed and paid twice yearly by Dolphin.
- Donations will be processed by Dolphin and paid using the charity/society’s online donation facility, if available.
- Where an online donation facility is not available or you have elected that your donations be made to another organization, alternative arrangements can be made directly with the charity/society.
- Dolphin reserves the right to terminate or amend this promotion at any time.
- Payments will be made at the sole discretion of Dolphin Computer Access.
The amount donated by Dolphin to your society depends on the software license purchased by your service user. It equates to 10% of the value of each software license purchased after any other discounts are applied.
Typical donation values:
- GuideConnect: $89.50
- SuperNova Magnifier: $47.50
- SuperNova Magnifier & Speech: $71.50
- SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader: $143.50
These are typical donation values.
They may change if using a special offer code or add additional premium plans and service maintenance agreements.
For societies and charities that have their Dolphin Friends Code used more than 24 times in any 12-month period, there are additional benefits available.
Please contact us to find out more.