Vacancy: Software Tester Apprentice
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is seeking enthusiastic and proactive individual to join our Worcester-based testing team to assist with quality assurance, ensuring out customers have a consistent, high quality experience.
A role with Dolphin offers you the opportunity to develop your programming and testing knowledge and grow to take on a widening variety of responsibilities as you progress.
What sort of work might you be doing?
Your role will be varied right from the start, growing in responsibility as you progress. Types of responsibilities you might be tasked with include:
- Prepare and maintain test plans and risk assessment
- Configure and maintain computer systems
- Carry out fault finding and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Report test coverage and provide feedback to developers and project teams
What experience do you need?
- 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C in English and Mathematics)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Good troubleshooting knowledge of hardware and software issues
Apprenticeship salary is depending on experience, upto £250 a week
We won't expect you to know everything, but we'll be particularly interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- TCP/IP Networks
- Windows server environments
- iOS/Android platforms
- Usability testing
What sort of people are we looking for?
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
Training to be provided:
Level 4 Software Testing apprenticeship qualification
There is the opportunity to progress within the business on a higher level apprenticeship in ICT Professional Competence.
Open for applications now!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us.