Vacancy: Technical Support Apprentice
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is a world leader in assistive technology for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. We are looking to recruit an apprentice to join our Technical Support team in delivering first rate service and troubleshooting technical incidents.
What sort of work might you be doing?
This apprenticeship is an ideal start to your career in IT. You will work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional customer service in an office based IT Support position.
Types of responsibilities you will be tasked with include:
- Resolving and logging customer support incidents via phone and email
- Diagnose hardware and software faults
- Create and maintain training documentation
- Ensuring customer feedback is escalated to relevant teams and departments
- Product testing
What experience do you need?
- Educated to at least GCSE level, including Maths and English at Grades A* - C (or equivalent qualifications).
- IT literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. An IT qualification would be a distinct advantage.
What sort of people are we looking for?
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential.
- Be keen to learn, share your ideas and support change.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.
Training to be provided:
The successful candidate will undertake a nationally recognised Advanced Level Infrastructure Technician course. This is a work-based learning programme which will require commitment to block weeks in a training room along with a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning. This is a Level 3 qualification.
There is the opportunity to progress within the business on a higher level apprenticeship.
Open for applications now!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us.