Vacancy: Financial Controller
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to be responsible for the efficient running of our finance function. You will be a key member of the management team and should be proactive, with a strong commercial mindset and a desire to grow financial understanding across our business.
Reporting to our CEO, duties include:
- Manage all accounting operations
- Prepare and publish monthly and annual financial reports
- Liaise with external auditors on the preparation of statutory accounts
- Cash and Asset Management
- Ownership of balance sheet control and reconciliation
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts
- Process accruals and prepayments
- Ensure all data, filing and records are kept up to date, ensuring compliance with statutory reporting and regulations
- Assist in R&D tax relief calculations
- Implement and maintain all financial controls, processes, and systems within the business, maintaining compliance with ISO 9001
- Financial metric development and analysis
- Attendance at the Monthly Management Meeting and presentation of financial and cost data
- Identify and recommend potential operational efficiencies and working practices and procedures improvements
- Company insurance and healthcare contracts
Skills and experience:
- Full or part qualified (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Proven track record in finance and accounting roles
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft 365/Office suite
- Familiar with NetSuite ERP.
- Familiar with online payment gateways
- Prior accounting experience in a SaaS business
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics
- We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results-driven person.
- You should demonstrate effective decision-making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work and able to concentrate on detail with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and teamwork skills are essential as you must be able to contribute to cross-functional projects.
- Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of our ethos of inclusivity.