Vacancy: C++ Software Developer
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
About the role:
Dolphin is seeking an enthusiastic and talented C++ developer to join our Worcester-based Development team.
We're looking for brilliant and hardworking people who find what we do inspiring, and are ready to take on a challenge. We want a developer who is able to understand our user requirements then design, develop, test and maintain software to suit.
Dolphin is currently working hard to improve its customer experience and focusing on new, innovative range of products aimed at people with visual impairments and new to computing. The role is an exciting one for a C++ Software Development Engineer to help with designing, evolving and improving our software along with contributing to next generation of new product development working alongside our experienced development team.
Specifically responsibilities will include:
- Software development
- Software configuration
- User experience design (UXD)
- Systems analysis and design
- Resolving hardware/software faults
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintenance computer systems and networks
- Work within virtual environments
- Troubleshooting systems and diagnosing network problems
- Software testing
- Test automation
- Fault finding within software applications
Essential: Experience with the C/C++ programming language.
Desirable: We would also be interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- Scripting languages - e.g Lua, PHP
- Google Chromium
- Microsoft Windows development
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Algorithms and data structures.
- Multi-threading concurrency.
- Microsoft Windows Native API (WIN32).
- Unit testing
- User experience design and usability testing
- Accessibility and assistive technology.
- Networks and virtual environments.
- Computer Hardware and computer maintenance
- Agile and lean methods for development, testing and managing projects
Qualifications: 2.1/1st Class Degree level in an Engineering or Science subject (Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar)
- We are looking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven.
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control.
- Communication and team working skills are essential as you will need to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to the company.