SuperNova Magnifier & Speech 17.02
What's New in SuperNova version 17?
Support for Google Chrome - SuperNova 17 now supports the world’s most popular web browser – Google Chrome. Existing SuperNova customers can make the switch to Chrome, hassle free; SuperNova 17 features an identical web browsing experience for magnification, speech and braille users.
Support for Windows Mail – Support for the native email client included with Windows 10 is now included in SuperNova 17.
Ask support a question – Product support related questions can now be sent direct from SuperNova 17 to Dolphin’s support team. Alternatively any SuperNova user can now direct their more general SuperNova questions to the new Dolphin Forum linked to from SuperNova 17’s Help menu. Please note, if your support request comes from outside of the UK, your question may be forwarded to your local Dolphin authorised dealer.
New Accessible Book and Newspaper Libraries – new to SuperNova’s media tab, browse and download from 4 new book & newspaper libraries: NBH Hamburg (Germany), CBB (Netherlands), CAMI (USA), Newspaper library: ATZ (Germany).
Compatibility with the newest braille displays – for braille readers, the Humanware Brailliant BI14 & the Harpo BraillePen14 are both now supported in SuperNova 17.
Read the complete list of:
Windows 2016 64bit Server – Organisations needing to deliver magnification, speech and braille display support from their Windows 2016 64bit Server can now adopt version 17 of SuperNova’s Enterprise edition. New settings in the SuperNova Enterprise Configuration Tool also streamline installation and ongoing support for network administrators.
‘Connect & View’ with the LVI MagniLink – View and magnify documents or the whiteboard with SuperNova’s Connect & View feature – now with support for the portable MagniLink video magnifier range from Low Vision International.
SuperNova Notifications – Received directly to your SuperNova control panel, version 17 now includes a new notification feature so you can hear first about any critical issues that may affect you.
Also new in SuperNova version 17:
- New setting to add a short delay to the announcement of ‘Read Text Under Mouse’. Go to the Speech menu> General Announcements to select your preferred pause length.
- New setting to disable spaces being announced. Go to the Speech menu>Character Echo to configure.
- The SuperNova 17 installer now has larger text instructions to accompany the audio instructions, ensuring installation is fully accessible for all sight requirements.
- The Book Reader now includes options to control the audio speed of audio only books.
- In Microsoft Excel 2013 and 2016 the speech announcements when using Window’s standard navigation keys inside Excel’s edit areas are now performing as expected.
NB. SuperNova 16 is no longer in active development and no further updates will be released. To ensure your SuperNova magnification, speech and braille supports the latest Windows 10 updates from Microsoft, we recommend joining the SuperNova Upgrade Program.