SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader 20.05
Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Greek (English), Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Turkish, Welsh
New in SuperNova 20.05
The 20.05 update includes improvements for using SuperNova in Microsoft Word and Windows 11. The release of 20.05 also coincides with an update to the SuperNova Whiteboard Wizard, which makes it easier for teachers to share their interactive whiteboard screen with students who are partially sighted.
Fixes and improvements
- FIX: Devices. A fix has been applied to prevent the computer from closing when connecting or disconnecting an external monitor to a laptop.
- FIX: Microsoft Word. SuperNova’s magnification, speech and braille is now faster to respond in Microsoft Word 2019 and 365.
- FIX: Microsoft Word. The speech now correctly announces items in the Editor toolbar (Spell Checker) in Microsoft Word 2016 and later.
- FIX: Windows 11 File Explorer. The Read Selection hotkey (NUMPAD 1) now correctly announces text selected in the search bar in the File Explorer.
- FIX: Windows 11 File Explorer. SuperNova no longer stops responding when opening an FTP site through the File Explorer in Windows 11.
Improvements for the Whiteboard Wizard
To coincide with the release of SuperNova 20.05, Dolphin is also providing an update to the SuperNova Whiteboard Wizard app.
The Whiteboard Wizard is a free app designed to make it easy for teachers to share the display on their interactive whiteboard with students who are partially sighted. Students are able to then magnify and view the whiteboard on their own screen – with their own magnification and colour settings - without the need for cables or cameras. This provides an improved reading and learning experience for students with low vision.
The latest update to the Whiteboard Wizard makes it easier for teachers who do not have administrative rights to set up and share their whiteboard display in class.
Find out more and download the Whiteboard Wizard free.
Important information for people using Windows 7
Following the release of SuperNova 20, SuperNova no longer supports the Windows 7 operating system.
SuperNova may continue to run and function on Windows 7. However, as the product is no longer tested on Windows 7, we regret the Dolphin team is not able to fix issues that occur on devices running this operating system.
Important information for people using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
The next major version upgrade to SuperNova is expected to be available early in 2022. This upgrade to SuperNova will not install or run on devices running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.