SuperNova Magnifier & Speech 13.55
SuperNova 13.55 is a free update available to all existing SuperNova 13 customers, and includes:
- True Fonts now make magnified text clearer to read in Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7.
- Improved stability in Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.
- Fix to prevent mouse pointer from disappearing.
- Automatically announce Skype incoming call notifications.
- Change to improve screen reading performance in Chicken Nugget (accessible Twitter app).
- Added settings to Reader Magnifier to control Dolphin Cursor behaviour
Fixes and changes in the SuperNova 13.55 update are listed below.
- Magnified text is now clearer making documents easier to read in Microsoft Office 2013 and in Internet Explorer 11 running on Windows 7.
- Outlook 2013 Calendar now works with True Fonts.
- Improved font smoothing on Facebook.com.
- GDI text in Windows 8 now displays as expected.
- Direct 2d text now displays accurately at all magnification levels.
- Arabic glyphs now displayed in the correct position.
Tip: True Fonts make text appear perfectly smooth for reading on the largest displays and at high magnification levels. Cycle through the available font smoothing options with LEFT CONTROL+NUMPAD8.
Microsoft Office 2013/2010
- Word - Moving the mouse pointer over headings no longer results in a crash under some circumstances.
- Word - Documents saved to network locations can still be read using speech and Braille.
- Word - Print options now speak and Braille accurately in Windows 8.
- Outlook - New hooking system for improve stability when reading and composing messages with speech and Braille in Outlook2013
- Outlook - Cursor through bulleted items now speaks characters as expected.
- Outlook - Cursor up and down to move the Dolphin Cursor to read messages by line in speech and Braille now more reliable in Windows 8.
- Outlook - Spell Checker title and errors no longer repeated by speech when using Outlook 2013 on Windows 7.
- Mouse pointer no longer disappears when magnification is turned off, then back on in Windows 7.
Tip: You can customize the style and size of your mouse pointer independent of your magnification level from the SuperNova Control Panel Visual menu.
- Internet Explorer 11 - List items on web pages are no longer truncated.
- Internet Explorer 8 - Searching with Google no longer causes the system to become unresponsive.
- Skype - SuperNova now announces Skype incoming call notifications.
- Windows live Mail - Spelling Errors no longer prevent Supernova from speaking the entire line while composing email. Make sure you’ve got the latest maps with “check for updates” in the SuperNova Help menu
- Twitter - The Chicken Nugget accessible twitter client from Q-Continuum.net is now associated with the NoMSAA Map by default improving overall performance when working with timelines and tweets.
- Xen app - V11 now associated with the appropriate Map improving speech and Braille output.
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier Control Panel now includes an Options dialog from the Speech menu to control the Dolphin Cursor for people who do not intend using the keyboard to read: web pages, PDFs and Windows Help.
- Fix to prevent the Supernova splash screen from occasionally appearing as a black square.
- Multiple monitors can be used in Windows 8 with a dual head video card. Configurations with monitors on multiple video cards are only supported in Windows 7.
- Line view is only supported on Windows 7.
- True Fonts on Windows 8 is coming soon in Internet Explorer 11 and Office 2013. Classic font smoothing used in meantime.
- Internet Explorer 11 combo box items not announced in Forms Mode unless the list is first expanded with ALT+DOWN ARROW.
- Signing in to some Scandinavian banks relying on Java not supported. Issue continues to be investigated.